Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was a big day! We finally finished clothes shopping. I will have two new suits, two pairs of slacks, three shirts, two ties, shoes, a belt, and socks all because of ACC. The college has been ridiculously generous in helping me out. There is no way I could have been able to get the clothes I needed for the Institute without their help. The guys at Men's Warehouse, where we got the suits, were very helpful as well; they sped up the tailoring by ten days so that I would have perfectly tailored suits in DC.

I also got interviewed by New 8 Austin yesterday. It was a great experience and Katie Beck and John, the reporter and camera guy respectively, made things very easy and fun. I didn't know they would zoom out and show me with my legs crossed on the bench like a dork, though; but I guess I can't get everything I want.

The URL of the News 8 Austin story: http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=228032

Planning for the trip has been full of incredible memories and I do not event depart for DC for another nine days! I can not wait until the tenth.

1 comment:

  1. Congrads Brad! Michelle from your Honors Speech class here. Wow! I am so incredibly proud of you and am sure you will have an amazing experience. I will most assuredly keep up with your blog. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete